Swim Ulster is the Governing Body for swimming, water polo and diving in Ulster with its office at Queens PEC Botanic Park, Belfast, BT9 5EX
Swim Ulster is part of the Swim Ireland family and is recognised by Sport NI as the governing body for aquatic sports in Ulster. We have 3,500 members in 40 clubs. Swim Ulster Ltd (originally founded in 1893 as the Ulster Branch of the Irish Amateur Swimming Association) was establised in 2005 as a company limited by guarantee. The company remains affiliated to Swim Ireland under the FINA rules.
A non profit making company, Swim Ulster operates within the framework defined in its Memorandum and Articles of Association. These identify the members of the company as being drawn to from swimming, water polo, diving and synchronised swimming clubs in Ulster that are affiliated to Swim Ireland.
The Directors of Swim Ulster (the board) are elected from the club membership and are charged with the ultimate responsibility for directing the activity of the organisation, ensuring it is well run and delivering the outcomes for which its has been established.
The Board exercises this responsibility by:
• Setting the strategic direction to guide and direct the activities of the organisation
• Ensuring the effective management of the organisation and its activities
• Monitoring the activities of the organisation to ensure they are in keeping with the founding principles
The Board has established a number of committees to facilitate these activities. These committees examine the detail of the specific issues and report back to the board, where the Company's powers of collective decision making reside.
Swim Ulster's mission is to create a culture where champions are inevitable. Our mission is directly aligned with Swim Irelands vision of swimming as 'A Sport for Life for All'.
Our mission will deliver:
1. More people actively involved at all levels - we encourage participation in the aquatic disciplines and support individuals participating in the sport at all levels
2. Stronger clubs in all our disciplines - we provide support and representation for our club members in swimming, waterpolo diving and synchronised swimming
3. Our best achieving their best - Swim Ulster provides a pathway to help individuals be the best they can be